POPULATION ASSOCIATION OF PAKISTAN
The Population Association of Pakistan (PAP) is PCP certified (PCP-2018/628) and registered under Societies Act XXI of 1860. The PAP, a non-profit professional, academic and demographic organization, was established in 2000. PAP’s mission is to promote and strengthen the discipline of population studies by providing a forum for subject experts to share their scientific knowledge and experience, while facilitating their professional development. Over the last 19 years, the PAP has generated tremendous interest in the centrality of population dynamics in all aspects of development. It has an impressive membership of experts in the fields of demography, research, public health and the social sciences.
Moreover, more than 30 institutions and over 1,000 individuals including national and international experts, are members of the Association. Each year, the Association holds an Annual Research Conference in collaboration with a leading university in the country to encourage research within educational institutions and to introduce to the student community population studies as an important discipline. The Conference also provides an opportunity for policymakers, researchers and development partners to deliberate on issues that have a bearing on the country’s overall development.
The PAP’s mission is to promote and strengthen the discipline of population studies by providing a forum for subject experts to share their scientific knowledge and experience, while facilitating their professional development.
Facilitate and encourage
Collaborate With Organizations
Arranging Scholarships Funds.
Accomplishments of the Association
In recognition of the PAP’s widely disseminated conference proceedings, the Library of Congress awarded the association a shield on 24 October 2013. Mr Zakir Hussain, Head of Acquisitions, Library of Congress, presented the award to the PAP President, Ms Shahnaz Wazir Ali (S.I.).
Composition of the Executive Council (2017-2018)
- Dr. Rashida Panezai, Chairperson, Mahec Helping Council, Quetta.
- Dr. Tauseef Ahmed, Former Country Representative, Pathfinder International, Islamabad.
- Dr. Sabiha Hasan Syed, Executive Chairperson, Migration Research Group; Visiting Fellow, NUML, Islamabad.
- Ms. Iram Kamran, Program Manager, Population Council, Islamabad.
- Ms. Tayyaba Gul, Chief Operating Officer/Founder Member Youth Catalyst, Islamabad.
- Mrs. Azra Aziz, Director (R&S), Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations & Coordination National Institute of Population Studies (NIPS), Islamabad.
- Mr. Tahir Ahmed Qureshi, Executive Officer, Population Association of Pakistan, Islamabad.